‘Cold pitching’ is one of those topics everyone seems to have a strong opinion about.
Some gurus out there teach sliding into someone’s DMs as THE way to snag opportunities and make sales.
Other people bitch about being on the receiving end and swear they’d never do THAT.
Then, there’s the camp that says cold pitching just doesn’t work.
Like most things, there isn’t a wrong or right, one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to cold pitching (or any strategy). But, there sure as hell are some ways to leverage and warm up cold pitching so it feels good on both the sending and receiving end.
After being on both sides of the cold pitch (this is a tool I’ve used successfully in my acting and advertising days, in my business, and I receive pitches now daily), I’ve found there's an art and strategy to turning a cold pitch into a warm outreach that sparks connection, opportunity, and clients instead of an annoyed delete.
That’s why I went live to talk all things cold pitching.
I shared the truth about cold pitching and what you need to understand if you’re going to use this strategy, what turns people off (and how this can permanently close a door), and some practical tips you can use to make your ‘cold’ pitches feel a whole lot warmer so you can successfully slide into someone’s inbox or DMs without an invitation.
Even if cold pitching isn’t a strategy you’re planning to use, we broke down some practical business principles you can use in your marketing, sales, and overall relationship building to help you land more opportunities, clients, and sales.
Wishing you your version of success!
WE JAMMED ON:
Can cold pitching really bring you opportunities? A look behind-the-scenes at this strategy and how it actually works to open doors.
Why I delete 99% of the cold pitches I receive and the difference-maker that’s caused me to respond to, and even hire, the remaining 1%.
A reframe for how to view cold pitching that will support you in using this strategy to make more connections that lead to paying clients.
What to ask yourself with any strategy to hear more “yesses” and get more conversions.
Where most cold pitching misses the mark and the simple shifts you can make to stand out, connect, and turn your cold pitch into a warm outreach that leads to a bigger network, PR opportunities, and clients.
10-ish proven ideas you can steal to warm up your cold pitch strategy to bring in hot leads.
WANT MORE? YOU CAN FIND MORE FREE TRAININGS INSIDE MY Free Facebook Group Business Besties & Creative Bosses!