MINDSET MAKEOVER CHALLENGE
WELCOME TO DAY two!
It's time to dive into Day Two of our Mindset Makeover Challenge! Today, I want to take that awareness a step further. This is where the fun really starts because we can purposely begin to change our mindset and ultimately our lives. (Click the video below to watch Day Two!)
"Identity is this incredible invisible force that controls your whole life. It's invisible like gravity is invisible, but it controls your whole life." -Tony Robbins
MINDSET MAKEOVER CHALLENGE DAY TWO ACTION STEP:
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- Who are you? How do you define yourself?
How is your identity affecting your current reality?
Who would have to be (what identity) to create the life you want? Get as specific as you can.
What is one small action you can take to put this identity shift into play?
Day Two Recap:
- One of the biggest mindset blocks I've seen with myself and my clients is holding onto an old identity or an identity that doesn’t serve us.
- Our identity is essentially a mindset for how we see ourselves, and studies show that our behavior is congruent with our identity. Meaning, our mind will do everything in its power to have our exterior circumstances match the identity we hold of ourselves.
- Anytime we open a new chapter in our lives like moving, parenthood, getting married or divorced, changing our health and fitness routine, beginning a creative endeavor, starting a business, or accepting a new role in our career...life demands we evaluate our identity.
- Often our old identity won't serve us in a new space and this can be super uncomfortable.
- We are constantly approaching new challenges and opportunities in our life that require us to shed our outdated, ill-fitting identities. While a new identity and the mindset that comes along with it can open us up to new possibilities, it can be really tough to say goodbye to the identity we’ve gotten comfy in, and well, identify ourselves as.
- We can't expect an entirely different version of our life to manifest itself using the same mindset and identity that has kept us where we are.
- Your identity creates the boundaries you give yourself for how you’re allowed to be in life.
We have to be careful of the labels we give ourselves because those labels become a part of our identity and we’ll end up acting accordingly.
We also teach others who we are through our identity and lead them to believe that’s who we are, so they expect and our identity.
Getting rid of an old identity or identity that no longer serve us is a huge mindset shift. We also change our actions to match and reinforce our new identity.
Change your identity, and you can change your life.
Tomorrow, I’ll be back with Day Three of our Mindset Makeover Challenge.
Wishing you your version of success!