Mindset Makeover Challenge
Welcome to Day One of our Mindset Makeover!
To get us started, I want to share a personal story about how mindset has affected me, then we'll dive into some mindset 101, and your Day One Action Step. (Click the video below to join me for Day One!)
"It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to beliefs. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen." - Muhammad Ali
Mindset Makeover Challenge Day One Action Step
Create Awareness Around Your Thoughts
For the next day, track your thoughts. Write down any negative thoughts and beliefs you catch.
Practice being aware and “listening” to your thoughts. What words do you use? What do you say about yourself and others?
No judging or beating up on yourself here, most of us do that plenty already. Please be compassionate with yourself. Our goal is curiosity.
A quick Mindset 101 Recap:
- Your mindset is essentially all of your thoughts and beliefs, and your mindset creates the boundaries or parameters you live your life by.
- Your mindset affects your thoughts and beliefs. Those thoughts and beliefs influence the actions you do or don't take. The actions you do or don’t take influence the results you get. The results you do or don’t take go right back and reinforce your beliefs. It’s a loop that can work for or against you.
- Often we try to change things from the outside in, old-school makeover style. But it’s much more effective when we get the inside working for us first, and here’s why: Research has shown that about 95 percent of our actions start in our subconscious mind.
- 95-99 percent of your life comes from the programming in your subconscious mind.
- I’ve got some good news for you! Science says we can rewire our brains through thought alone. Pretty f-ing amazing.
This is why it’s essential that you become aware of your thoughts and mindset. It is the first step in changing your life.
Tomorrow, I’ll be back with Day Two of our Mindset Makeover!
Wishing you your version of success!